CENTER FOR FREE FAIR AND ACCOUNTABLE DEMOCRACY INC
- At the Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy (CFFAD), we help Americans understand and explain why democracy is precious and how, together, we can protect and improve the foundations of trust in our republic.
- Our work is made possible thanks to the support of volunteers who develop educational content and marketing materials, and help with fundraising efforts.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- With your editing skills, you can help us offer high-quality, factual, non-partisan products. These include short courses and a glossary on our website, courses jointly produced with Ballotpedia, and postings on a variety of social media platforms.
- You will be able to collaborate with our other volunteers: most of our work is inter-related and mutually supporting.
- 2-5 hours per week, as your schedule allows.
- Volunteer duration is open-ended. If you are a student, we would appreciate a minimum commitment of at least 1 semester.
- Team planning meetings every other week.
- Willingness to work virtually via Skype, Zoom, email, and other forms of electronic communication.
- Willingness and ability to prioritize the mission of CFFAD;
- Strong commitment to non-partisan behavior while assisting or representing CFFAD;
- Willingness to work with and rely upon other volunteers from diverse backgrounds;
- Willingness to attend any initial orientation or training.
"My experience interning with CFFAD couldn’t have been better. I felt like my ideas were making a difference in the direction of the Center, and that gave me a real stake in the organization and its mission. Moreover, I learned new skills while feeling like I was doing something for the greater good." - G.L. 2018 - 2019
- Substantial and relevant experience editing materials for other organizations.
- Good at problem-solving and creative thinking;
- Self-starter, works responsively with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with MS Word or Google Docs.
- B.A. or better in a relevant field such as English, communications, or journalism;
- Prior experience in organizations providing civic education or adult education;
- Familiarity with WordPress;
- Familiarity with copyright laws as well as IRS and state regulations on non-partisan content.
About CENTER FOR FREE FAIR AND ACCOUNTABLE DEMOCRACY INC
2500 N FLORIDA ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207, US
We are all about civic education for ages 18 and up. We help people understand (1) what it takes for a democracy to work well, and (2) how to live it, protect it, and improve it.
Our primary mission is to provide civic education to adults ages 18 and up. To that end, we have already published many short courses that hundreds of people have already accessed. A specially tailored version of one of our course appears on the Ballotpedia website. We will continue building our audience and expanding our materials.