Head of Grants-Looking for someone to help manage grants to help us close the education gap!
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Head of Grants
Estimated Hours/Week: 10+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 4+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Report to the Director of Development
- Supervise a team of volunteers and interns in the Grants Team
- Research and manage current and new possible grants
- Supervise the creation, research, and drafting of grant proposals
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with other departments for grant research
- Strategize with the Director of Development to identify possible grant prospects and create cultivation and project management plans to secure these funds.
- Act as a representative of the organization and its interests in external communications
- Experience managing teams and project management
- Minimum 1 years of development experience, preferably with experience in grants
- 10+ hours a week
- An interest in working in nonprofits
- Ability in managing a team of volunteers and interns
- Proven ability to handle numerous projects at once
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for education and equality
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work in a team environment
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.