Social Media Intern
LATINA SAFEHOUSE INITIATIVE
Latina SafeHouse is looking to expand its horizons through our social media platforms! 10-20 hours requirement. We are looking for someone who is willing to help create new content about our organization, domestic violence, and our new 24/7 crisis line. We need someone who is organized and able to manage social media volunteers, create posting schedules, and helps promote our events. The social media intern will also help us in social media contests or with campaigns to build fundraising. We want to spread the word about our organization to survivors, donors, and volunteers. Help us capture peoples hearts through our social media and empower people to heal!
Latina SafeHouse has been greatly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and has seen a 776.9% increase in intakes for survivors. We need to be able to get our 24/7 crisis line number out there to continue to support survivors as well as get attention from the community and donors to help support our initiative.
We are looking for someone with basic video editing skills as well as facebook, instagram, twitter, linkedin and maybe even tiktok experience!
This position can be done remotely.
Social Media Interns help develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost visibility and increase awareness. The duties and responsibilities of a Social Media Intern include:
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create monthly newsletters to catch supporters up on what we’ve been up to and what’s to come in the future.
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, and videos on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Coordinate with social media volunteers on duties
- Provide content in both Spanish and English
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Available to work at least 10 hours per week or more
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
En Comunidad, In Community
About LATINA SAFEHOUSE INITIATIVE
PO BOX 1174, DENVER, CO 80201, US
The mission of the Latina SafeHouse is to provide bilingual and culturally sensitive services to Latina victims of domestic violence and their families.
The incidents of domestic violence against Hispanic women have continued to increase. Recent federal legislation has opened new and safer avenues to immigration status who are victims of domestic violence, abuse is still a major issue for immigrant women.
It is recognized that immigrant women are at higher risk for domestic violence due to their immigration status. They face an increasingly difficult time escaping abuse. Immigrant women often feel trapped in abusive relationships because of the intimidation used by their abusers regarding immigration laws; often there significant language barriers, imposed social isolation, and lack of financial resources.
While we have come a long way in recognizing and addressing the needs of women victims of domestic violence as there still remains a massive gap between funding and call for adequate services. As more and more women search to escape from life threatening situations, it is imperative that we develop ways to meet their needs.
We hope to accomplish in this in a pioneering mission as we begin the process of healing and recovery. Addressing the two most important steps in recovery; by allowing women to break the silence (the first step in moving from abuse) and to know they are not alone (breaking the isolation). This organization will provide support to women who are moving from an abusive relationship should they decide to leave or stay.
For additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org