CLEAR BLUE SEA
Clear Blue Sea is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Our FRED projects have involved over 100 students to help younger generations experience what it takes to address a global environmental crisis.
The Donor Relations Intern is responsible for contributing to the development of fundraising strategies and implementing engagement strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors .
- Participate in strategy sessions to develop fundraising plans and tactics
- Research fundraising opportunities and help organize and coordinate activities
- Manage a donor database to track existing donors and encourage follow on donations
- Develop new relationships with individuals, organizations and corporations to increase donations
- Collaborate with other Clear Blue Sea teams to coordinate and support fundraising goals
- Measure and report on the performance of fundraising activities and campaigns
Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to build effective professional working relationships internally and externally.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Presents him or herself to donors, press and other stakeholders in a manner in keeping with our values and mission statement.
- Promote a team culture-lead and work as part of a team.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and have ability to handle unscripted situations.
- Adept at problem solving, analyzing situations, determining next step and implementing.
- Skills in effectively organizing work, files, records, etc., to maintain efficient work flow.
Clear Blue Sea is seeking an undergraduate student (preferably in the San Diego area) who is majoring in marketing, business or communication with a passion for Clear Blue Sea mission.
We value the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Apply via our online form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ISv8hyH6vZUGnDf81JhiSIRGW1EWxjs7_WFgLTLzy8/edit?usp=sharing
Contact Clear Blue Sea with questions: email@example.com
If you are passionate about saving the oceans, please get in touch!
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
7939 Silverton Ave, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small-scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii as a pilot. Our FRED projects have involved over 200 student interns as we are dedicated to training and mentoring younger generations in methods and innovations needed to increase awareness of ocean plastics and solutions for ocean cleanup and conservancy.