2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: enhabit hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Thank you for considering volunteering with Enhabit Health-Hospice Our Phone Support volunteers call patients and their family members. Types of phone calls that Phone Support Volunteers can make are:
- Tuck in calls: call patients weekly to check in on patients to ensure they have the supplies, and everything they need and report needs and documentation to volunteer coordinator
- Birthday & Holiday calls: call patients on their birthdays to provide companionship and emotional support or on holidays to let them know we're thinking about them and care for them during the holiday season
- Bereavement calls: call family members of past enhabit Hospice patients to encourage and remind them of our free support offered by our trained staff
- Companionship and Emotional support: Providing supportive listening with patients and/or caregivers by phone on a regular basis. Provide active listening, emotional support, and connection to the outside world for socially isolated patients. Phone calls can be made in the office or in the home of the volunteer. If you are interested please call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Lynn Nichols Volunteer coordinator.
- If you think this is something you would enjoy please contact me! I look forward to hearing from you today!
- Documentation of phone calls is necessary for medical records. A time log will be provided for documentation. We provide a comprehensive, free training for all of our volunteers.
About enhabit hospice
101 Church Street, Rainbow City, AL 35906, US
At Enhabit hospice , we are committed to delivering the highest quality care to our patients. From inpatient rehabilitation to home-based care, we’re with our patients for every step of their post-acute journey. Our clinical collaboration and cutting-edge treatments ensure patients receive the best care for their needs at all times. We’re proud to say our approach helps patients achieve better outcomes. We believe integrated care delivery across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. We exist to provide a better way to care that elevates expectations and outcomes.
At Enhabit hospice we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration encouraging and empowering each employee and volunteer to keep learning and growing together. Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
Our experienced team understands the complexity of issues and feelings that surround hospice care and end of life. Our care process is designed to maximize our patient’s quality of life and offer our patients and their love ones comfort, support and guidance when facing a terminal illness.
Our Goal is to provide a sense of dignity and peace for our patients, while controlling pain, minimizing discomfort and managing symptoms. We also prioritize emotional and spiritual needs, guiding our patients and their loved one through the end-of-life process.
enhabit Gadsden alabamaVolunteer Services101 Church StreetRainbow City, AL 35906
December 29, 2022
- Graphic Design / Print
- Graphic Design
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training