Nomad Volunteering as a Social Worker in Nepal
Volunteer in Nepal
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Digital Nomad Program
Join us, do your regular Digital Nomad work and volunteer at the same time!
We are looking for digital nomads to come to Nepal and help us with a range of different projects. According to your skills we can decide what would be the best project for you. With this special Digital Nomad Program, you can do your regular Digital Nomad work AND make a difference to the local community.
The Digital Nomads program entails:
- A volunteering project in your field of business for a couple of hours a day: tourism, marketing, social media, website building or teaching English. You can also do something completely different like designing a new disabled children center, construction work, gardening or setting up cooking workshops at a women center. Just discuss your skills with us and we can find you something with which you can help Nepal move forward.
- An office space for you to work in and also do your regular Digital Nomad job
- A room for yourself on a separate floor with other volunteers or Digital Nomads, with the host family living below you, cooking you breakfast and dinner
- A weekly 'Co-working Thursday’ social gathering in another co-working space in the city.
- An introduction into Nepali culture, language class and tours of Kathmandu
- Pick up from the airport and general backup and support during your stay
- A network of Digital Nomads, volunteers, Nepali and fun social activities
Your help and skills can make a big difference! In return you get an enormously rewarding experience and learn how to apply your knowledge and experience in developing countries. Once you have joined this program, within a couple of months you made yourself at home in Kathmandu and might even find more projects for your own Digital Nomad work; there are loads of opportunities here!
Digital Nomad and volunteering in Nepal: What will I be doing?
- You usually work five days per week for a couple of hours per day.
- You will work with a Volunteer Society Nepal manager as well as independently. To volunteer you will need your own equipment and self- motivation for the work that you will be doing.
- Digital Nomads receive Nepali language lessons in their first week in Nepal. There will usually between 2 and 5 other digital nomads or volunteers in Kathmandu at the same time as you.
About Volunteer in Nepal
Pepsicola, Kathmandu, Bagmati 44600, NP
Our Values We believe that women and children are the foundation of our society hence we value the need for all women and children to be given equal opportunities in life regardless of their circumstances. It is our expectation that our practice and work reflect our beliefs and value and we strive to provide the best services possible to those we serve. We believe 1. in inclusion and the promotion of multiculturalism, 2. that society’s disadvantaged and marginalized people can have a fulfilling future with proper help and support, 3. that hope can be rekindled by everyone’s unique contributions, 4. that pure drinking water, decent sanitation, proper nutrition, education and good health care are the foundation on which all future efforts must be built
Welcome to Volunteer in Nepal - non governmental, non profit, non religious and non political organization registered with Nepal Government, Kathmandu District Administration office and affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal. The Volunteer in Nepal is a Nepali conceived and run small organization that uses local and international resources to safeguard the health and well being of underprivileged Nepali Children and women and to offer them the education, shelter, food and vocational tools to enable them to fully and equally contribute to Nepali society and compete in the global arena.