The Lovepost is looking for a part-time, remote assistant editor to support our editor and team of creators in bringing stories and projects to life. This is an exciting opportunity for an editor who is passionate about social issues and playing their part in creating positive change.
- Supporting editorial staff in all activities leading to publication
- Liaising with and mentoring The Lovepost’s creators
- Writing and editing articles
- Creating email newsletters
- Grant writing and applications
- Identifying and on-boarding new creators
- Proven work experience as an assistant editor
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with SEO
- Proficiency in English
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
This volunteer role requires a minimum 6 month commitment, after which we will look at paid/ equity-share opportunities.
Working hours are typically flexible, but we would expect on average 15-20 hours commitment a week.
Application closing date: March 19, 2021
About The Lovepost
11 George Street, Newmarket, Auckland, Auckland 1023, NZ
The Lovepost is dedicated to tackling social and environmental issues through a solution-focused lens. Our content is produced by a diverse collective of change-makers from around the globe, who are fueled by a united goal: to create content that brings about positive change and makes planet Earth a better and more inclusive place for all its inhabitants.
The Lovepost is an alternative, socially responsible platform dedicated to tackling social and environmental issues through a solution-focused lens.