27 people are interested
Help pet owners in need at East Bay SPCA's Pet Food Pantry
ORGANIZATION: East Bay SPCA
Please visit the new page to apply.
27 people are interested
Organizational Impact: This role serves as essential support for the Humane Advocacy department, which helps keep pets healthy and in loving homes and decreases pet overpopulation. Covid-19 has impacted all aspects of our lives, including pet ownership. During this time we've seen an increase of pet owners in need of basic supplies. Our free Pet Food Pantry provides extra support to help dog and cat owners in need care for and feed their pets.
- Assist with set up and clean of pet food pantry.
- Distribute pet food to community members in need via our drive-thru distribution system.
- Training is provided!
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Have compassion for diverse life experiences and clients undergoing challenging situations.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Commit to a regular shift (every other Friday from 10:30am - 1:00pm)
- Subs that can fill in when our regular volunteers are out are also welcome!
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to transport pet food and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Be courteous and welcoming to all clients, staff, and volunteers.
- Comply with guidelines outlined in the confidentiality agreement.
- Desire to make a positive impact on the lives of pets and their people.
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish or Cantonese / Mandarin are a plus!
10:30 AM to 01:00 PM
Shifts are every other Friday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About East Bay SPCA
8323 Baldwin St, Oakland, CA 94621, US
The East Bay SPCA is committed to the welfare of cats and dogs in the communities we serve. We strive to eliminate animal cruelty, neglect and overpopulation by providing programs and education that support people and companion animals.
The East Bay SPCA has been an innovator in animal welfare for over 149 years providing shelter, health care, and adoption services for unwanted animals since 1874. We are committed to finding homes for adoptable cats and dogs, providing affordable veterinary and spay/neuter services, and educating the public on responsible pet ownership. We are the oldest animal welfare organization in the East Bay and operate two animal shelters and three clinics, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
410 Hegenberger RoadOakland, CA 94621
March 26, 2023
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Every other Friday from 10:30am - 1:00pm