Project Development Officer
Essential functions include: Contribute to expanding Village Synergy’s project portfolio in strategic program areas and ensures alignment with Village synergy’s core business areas;
- Prioritize, plan and prepare project development activities according to donor and village synergy’s requirements.
- Prepare project proposals and develop a project plan, schedule, and budget
- On daily basis execute assigned projects preparation task within deadlines and budget, liaising with the project, finance, communication, contracts, and field staff to ensure high quality, cohesive proposals that are grounded in solid community needs practice and compliant with donor requirements and regulations
- support in performing partnership identification and negotiations for contractual terms and agreements, Negotiates with international and local non-governmental organizations to establish partnerships for existing and future project development opportunities
- Work with senior and field-based project staff to develop and support country-level project development opportunities
- Support capacity development and building initiative and technically support project roll-out
- Analyze and resolve project issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Represent Village synergy to an array of external clients and stakeholders, such as partner agencies, donors, consultants, and potential key personnel
- Hold debriefings with proposal teams to identify and document lessons learned and best practices for program development efforts
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Village Synergy
http://www.villagesynergy.org/, Lira, Northern 256, UG
Design and deliver community needs activities tailored towards sustainable development
Village Synergy is community focused, community needs and challenges-driven organization, as well as optimizing equity in development and society. Village Synergy is incorporated and legally registered as a national non-for-profit, non-governmental organization with the Uganda NGO Bureau in 2011. Village Synergy is fully operational with office space, governance and administrative structure in place. Focus is on six key thematic areas of Livelihood, Health, Education, Environment, Child Protection and Peace Building; each with strategic objective and Village Synergy proposes direct and partnership interventions to achieve these strategic objectives, within the framework of Sustainable Development Goals. Vision A just society where individuals take action to improve their lives,