3 people are interested
Lead Web Developer
3 people are interested
We are looking for a skilled Lead Web Developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our company. You will be leading a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in Web Development and two (2) years leading a web development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Dedicated team player and leader.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 23, 2021
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Web Design / UX
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- At least 5 hours per week.