3 people are interested
Want to help in the fight for abortion access? Become a volunteer!
3 people are interested
Simply having a ride to the clinic can make all the difference for a person seeking reproductive healthcare. You can make that difference! Fill out a volunteer application at http://clinicaccess.org/volunteer.html and our training coordinator will be in touch to set up an in-person interview.
We are always looking for volunteers for the following positions:
1. Driving: During COVID-19, our volunteer driving is suspended but we look forward to when we will be able to resume again! All you need is a car, a smartphone, and a few mornings or afternoons a month.
2. Dispatching (hotline/case management): All you need is a smartphone and a few days every other week.
3. Event Support and Fundraising: Time commitment varies by event and fundraising season.
4. Social Media and Graphics: Are you a content creator? Have an eye for design? Become a part of our social media team!
Abortion access remains essential in a pandemic - volunteer for our remote opportunities!
About Clinic Access Support Network
Greater Houston Area, Houston, TX 77001, US
By mobilizing the power of volunteers, CASN provides transportation, accommodation, child care assistance, and emotional support to people seeking abortion care in Houston.
We believe that everyone deserves access to reproductive healthcare, regardless of income, socioeconomic status, living situation, race, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We understand that one's legal right to have an abortion is meaningless without real access, and that a lack of transportation often presents a barrier to accessing the abortion one needs.
We were founded in August 2013 by a small group of pro-choice Houstonians who saw a need and acted to fill it. Since then, our organization has grown to include over 80 volunteers.
We are proud to say that in 2017 alone, our volunteers helped nearly 1000 get to and from their appointments, and we hope to continue to grow and expand access across the Houston area.
BaytownBaytown, TX 77521
September 18, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: 1 drive per month (suspended during Covid-19 pandemic), participation on various teams/projects (approx 6-10 hours monthly)
- Smartphone (iOS or Android operating system) required for apps we use.