Graphic Designer - Help close the education gap and gain experience!
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Title: Graphic Designer - Education non profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 3 - 5 hours/week
Expected Commitment: 2+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic.
We are spreading the word about our services and improving our communication to tutors and families that are already part of our community. We would like a designer to recreate our existing flyers, information sheets, and event marketing materials using our new style guide. Ideally, this individual could also produce ad-hoc documents at various teams’ requests and create their own based on our needs.
We are looking for several graphic designers -- to design and produce these materials. We have a growing UX team with researchers, designers, and writers, so there is plenty of opportunity to increase your skills as a designer while also learning about other disciplines.
Our team is growing and are also looking for a more senior designer to act as a consultant. If you have past design experience in a professional capacity, we would also consider you for this leadership role. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Create and produce additional materials to help us spread awareness about our services, fundraise to support our expansion, and better serve existing tutors and families.
- Create event marketing materials or social media marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Service designers, UX designers, and researchers as they conduct user research and adjust strategies as needed to establish a unified voice for our brand.
- Regularly use empathy, logic, and data to inform content choices and to advocate for the user
- Background in graphic design. Experience with UX Design is a plus.
- English, Creative Writing, Communications or experience with branding, content strategy, marketing, UX writing, or copywriting is a plus.
- Experience working with students and parents or experience tutoring
- Visual communication skills and an eye for design
- Passion for design and willingness to take on new projects
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.