VP of Fundraising, Board of Directors
Healing TREE is currently seeking a candidate with nonprofit fundraising experience to serve on our Board of Directors as Vice President of Fundraising. The ideal candidate would have connections to individuals, foundations and businesses who could be potential supporters of our work. Grant writing and event planning experience are a major plus. Experience in the arts and with healing trauma also a big plus. Our Board meets (virtually always) once a month, for an hour and a half. As a Board of Directors member, this position would help guide the organization as a whole as well. We welcome Board Members from anywhere in the US as all tasks can be handled virtually / remotely. We have a close knit, supportive, encouraging Board who works together with our CEO and additional support team members to achieve our mission which we're all so passionate about. This position would work closely with our CEO and Executive Assistant who would help carry out the fundraising tasks and provide relevant content. Actively seeking BIPOC and queer candidates.
About Healing TREE
974 BRECKENRIDGE LANE, #104, LOUISVILLE, KY 40207, US
OUR MISSION: Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Empowerment) advocates healing from abuse & trauma rather than coping with the symptoms, in order to transform lives &, ultimately, society. We achieve this by providing trauma-focused resources & education & by producing & partnering with relevant film, television, & theatre, empowering the social change necessary to create a healing movement. THE ISSUE: Leading studies show that trauma (both interpersonal and systemic) is a public health crisis & the root cause of many of society's toughest problems: mental & physical illness, addiction, crime, domestic violence, homelessness & suicide. Effective treatments are available but there is a lack of integration between the trauma, mental health & med. fields & of general awareness on the issue. We exist to change that so that healing from trauma becomes the new normal. LOCATION: Founded in Louisville, KY but a National organization - team members serve our mission virtually!
About Us Video: youtu.be/9smyn2QzzVo
Our Website: healingtreenonprofit.org
Our Story: healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-story/
Our Vision: Our vision is to make healing from abuse & trauma, rather than coping with the symptoms, the new normal, effectively addressing the root of society’s toughest problems.
- We support individuals suffering from trauma to get the help that they need to heal rather than cope through our Approved Care Network. (healingtreenonprofit.org/acn/)
- We facilitate trainings in the evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment modality EMDR to spread healing to underserved populations. (healingtreenonprofit.org/emdr/)
- A host workshops for high schoolers, college students and community members on the most insidious red flags of abuse and trauma built around our short film Silk. (healingtreenonprofit.org/silk/)
- We have partnered with some of the biggest names in the trauma field: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s team at the Trauma Center at JRI, NCTSN, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. David Grand & Dr. Jamie Marich.
- We have actors from hit Broadway, Film & TV shows as Artist Advocates (healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-team/)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 20, 2021
- Mental Health
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hours / month