Palisade Branch Patio Caretaker
Mesa County Libraries
Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Facilities Manager with maintenance of the Palisade patio by planting and watering flowers, weeding, trimming, sweeping and general cleaning tasks.
Supervisor: Facilities Manager/Palisade Branch Manager
Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, Tasks (what must be completed to achieve the goals):
- General landscaping tasks such as watering, weeding, trimming and labor including sweeping floors and trash pickup.
- Safe use of tools, return tools and supplies to storage after tasks are completed
- Report any maintenance issues, damages, major concerns and emergencies to staff
- Report hours to Volunteer Coordinator using Galaxy (online portal) or log sheet by the 10 th of each month
Qualifications (minimum experience, skills, education, knowledge):
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Detail-oriented, ability to follow directions
- Interest in gardening with some previous experience
- Experience with landscaping tools and some specialty tools
- General knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator, review of handbook and signed waivers
- Physical ability to push, lift, bend, kneel, pull and spend time in varying weather conditions.
About Mesa County Libraries
443 North 6th Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501, US
Mesa County Libraries enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create, and connect.