Summer Soccer Camp Volunteer - Burlington
Royal City Soccer Club
Volunteers can apply for:
Morning sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 12:30pm),
Afternoon sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 12:30pm - 4:30pm) or,
Full days sessions (40 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm)
during any or all of the nine (9) weeks of July and August 2021.
Volunteers at our summer day camps may have any of the following responsibilities:
- Assisting staff with coaching and supervising children at camp
- Equipment collection and maintenance (i.e. inflating soccer balls, collecting cones)
- General help around camp
- Maintain a clean camp environment and help staff meet all safety protocols
- Adhere to and help enforce all camp policies
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Enjoys soccer and sporting activities
- Great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Responsible and reliable
Volunteers at our camp must be at least 14 years of age by the time their camp week of volunteering starts. If you are 16 or older, you may be eligible for a CIT (Counsellor in Training) or Camp Counsellor position with us. Any volunteers aged 18 or older will be required to submit a police background check. There are a limited number of volunteering spots available at each camp location.
How to apply:
Visit our website at royalsoccer.com and follow these 5 steps:
- Click on the STAFF heading at the top of the website.
- Select the province that you are in.
- Review the Volunteer description and click on the yellow APPLY NOW button.
- Sign-in (if you already have an account) or Sign-up if you are a new volunteer applicant.
- Complete the Volunteer Online Application by clicking the appropriate box at the bottom.
We will be constantly reviewing and implementing health and safety protocols as it relates to COVID-19 and any other health issues as advised by local, provincial, and federal health officials. As this advice is updated from time to time, we’ll be ready to pivot and adjust our protocols to ensure the safest possible environment for our campers, staff, and families. These protocols will involve limiting group sizes, frequently disinfecting equipment, physical distancing, and wearing masks where needed.
If you have any issues or have questions about applying, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-427-0536 x229 or email email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Royal City Soccer Club
1251 Northside Road, Burlington, Ontario L7M 1H7, CA
At Royal City Soccer Club, we aim to achieve the following: Amazing camp experience to children / youth aged 5 to 13 during the summer months. Promote a heathy, active lifestyle through participation and team play in soccer and sport. Foster a safe, caring and inclusive environment for children to learn and build life skills.
The Royal City Soccer Club (RCSC) is a non-profit, community organization started in 1993. For 3 decades, we have hosted a unique soccer camp experience for over 300,000 children between ages 5 and 13 years. Our camps are now the largest grassroots soccer camp in Canada with over 100 locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia. The popularity of our camps is not only due to our program structure, but also because of the great volunteers and staff we have. Our camp operates Monday to Friday from July 5 until September 3, 2021 (except August 2).