7 people are interested
7 people are interested
We are looking for a Web Designer who will be responsible for designing, maintaining the design, and collaborating with internal stakeholders in the execution of our main website and ancillary sites.
Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for our websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our our branding. You will be working closely with web development, IT engineering teams, and Marketing teams to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Other proficiencies are listed below.
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
- Minimum 3 years of experience in graphic design and multimedia design with a strong portfolio exhibiting exceptional design aesthetic, mastery of typography, and overall creativity (including, videography, photography, animation, illustration, interactive creative elements and print design)
- 2+ years design production experience
- Ability to create graphics and short videos for web based marketing campaigns, including social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and web and email
- Knowledge of HTML CSS animations, and front-end best practices a plus
- Strong understanding of the importance of brand identity and creating multi-channel content with cohesive brand voice
- Conceptual thinking and creative problem solving to take a project from ideation to completion
- Highly creative with the ability to work autonomously, yet able to take direction well
- Collaborative, proactive team player with a positive attitude and high level of energy able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively balance multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly articulate both design decisions/rationale
- Keen attention to detail
- A passion for continued learning on emerging creative platforms and technologies and ways to implement
- Expert proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 23, 2021
- Web Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design / UX
- Graphic Design
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- At least 5 hours per week.