Board Member: Director
CARRY THE FUTURE
BOARD MEMBER POSITION: DIRECTOR Are you looking to make a positive impact on refugee or asylum seeking families around the world? Carry the Future serves refugee families through programs that provide care and dignity to the refugee journey. The Board of Directors is searching for additional board members to bring enlightened and informed perspectives to our virtual boardroom. Board experience is not necessary, but passion for serving refugee families and willingness to offer your ideas freely is required. We desire to recruit board members who have ties to the populations we serve and/or the industries we rely on to successfully implement our programs. We welcome seasoned executives and young professionals.Position Objective Board members have an individual and collective responsibility to properly manage the organization and its assets; advance Carry the Future’s mission; act in the best interest of the organization; disclose conflicts of interest; maintain the organization’s legal status by complying with applicable laws and regulations; make decisions that are in the best interest of CTF above any other interests; ensure the organization follows its bylaws and governing documents. Position Duration: Three-year term, renewable Reports to: President, Board of Directors Position Responsibilities
This position has an important range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Regularly attends board meetings and other organizational events.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in the work of the board.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about board matters and responsibilities, prepares well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes, reports and board discussions.
- Gets to know other board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Aids the organization in fundraising.
- Takes a proactive role in problem-solving and creating a vision for the organization.
- Provides financial oversight.
- Coaches and mentors staff when asked/appropriate.
- Represents the organization in a positive manner.
- When safe and travel restrictions are lifted, attends the annual 3-4 day in-person board meeting held at a collectively agreed upon location and date.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships, persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of CTF’s beneficiaries
- Strong understanding of the organization’s work and its staff structure
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization and its interactions with supporters, volunteers and refugee families served
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer skills in programs such as Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Internet and navigation, Email, Google Suite of applications, etc
- Familiarity with GoogleMeet and Zoom or webinar-type platform is ideal
- Must have own computer and internet access
To be considered for one of three open positions on the Board of Directors, please send a statement of interest along with an up to date resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understanding of refugee journey and global outlook on refugee populations
- Ties to population served by CTF and/or industry relied upon to successfully implement programs
About CARRY THE FUTURE
121 W LEXINGTON DR STE L 106D, GLENDALE, CA 91203, US
We are committed to serving refugee families with love and dignity. We focus on filling in the gaps to provide aid to refugees around the globe.
We’re an organization of more than 60 volunteer staff and 5,500 global volunteers who are committed to serving refugee families with love and dignity. We focus on filling in the gaps to provide critical aid to refugee families in Greece, Jordan, Tanzania, Bangladesh, the US - Mexico border, and beyond. Specifically, our aid falls into three programs: Welcome Baby, Community Development, and Emergency Response.