3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: BUILDING EDUCATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Grant Writer/Researcher to join our Team. We are poised for exponential growth as we work to expand our donor and sponsor network. This role will be responsible for researching applicable grants and completing the necessary application and proposal. The Grant Writer/Researcher will work with the Founder and Vice President.
This is a great opportunity for a creative and innovative professional to identify new solutions and carry out meaningful projects in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Conduct Research to include material into the documents submitted for grant application, including conducting interviews, attending meetings and gathering source information.
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approval.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
Required to attend at least 1 team meeting a month
Minimum duration for position: 3 monthsQualifications
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Graphic design skills
- Technical documentation
- Layout skills
- Problem solving
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field (Preferred)
About BUILDING EDUCATION
4244 JUDAH ST APT 3, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94122, US
Our Mission End the cycle of poverty through the empowerment of education.. Our Vision Transform all lives that touch these projects, changing the way that we see ourselves in the world, creating leaders in the community and developing villages by uplifting the lives of others. Our Motto 1,000 Schools and 1,000,000 Lives.
Building Education is a For-Purpose Organization 501(c)3 that provides funding for education in developing countries in efforts to end poverty.
In collaboration with the government, partner organizations and local schools we aim to transform rural villages into prosperous, dignified communities.
We believe in a world where every child has an equal opportunity to education.
We build schools to make education accessible, provide scholarships and empower children to become contributing members of society. Education creates a ripple effect wherein the empowered members can lift their village out of poverty through economic activities.
Leaders create leaders. We help villagers to attain self-realization through relevant skills and better employment prospects. With our mentorship, beneficiaries participate in vocational training and awareness programs. They feel empowered to change their lives by starting sustainable social enterprises.
Our focus is to revolutionize through sustainability.
We work in rural villages to create hubs that include schools, farmers’ markets, healthcare and resource centers. This provides rural communities better living through access to water and clean energy.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 15, 2022
- Technical Writing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Part time (variable hours for researching and writing grant proposals); attend at least 1 (1.5 hr) team meeting a month
- Experience in grant writing required