Volunteer Product Photographer
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The Product Photographer highlights the best qualities of our products through images. The Product Photographer chooses locations and sources props for shoots, arranges the products, takes the photos, and edits and uploads the images.
- Source props that will enhance the product.
- Choose locations and set up backdrops.
- Photograph inventory (such as jewelry, t-shirts, crafts).
- Edit images to match branding.
- Uploads images in an organized manner.
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours a month
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development, and responsive to emails (within 48 hours).
- Understands how to best photograph different media
- Previous experience with photography, preferably with photographing product(s)
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
- Ability to work independently
Reports to the Director of Development
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.