DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Foster home coordinator
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Foster home coordinator:
Are you interested in having a direct impact on the lives of street dogs from the comfort of your own home? We have a unique opportunity for you to help street dogs in Kyiv, Ukraine. In Ukraine, thousands of homeless dogs roam the streets. Many are sick or injured, and do not have any food to eat. To make matters worse, stray dogs are always in danger of being poisoned or killed in the streets by a notorious group called, "dog hunters." Ukraine does not have any organized animal control systems, and volunteer foster homes are an unknown concept.
In this role you will help us recruit foster volunteers from expat groups and other websites for expats. We will train you, and you will shadow an experienced coordinator until you are comfortable with the process.
We are always looking for foster home volunteers in Kyiv. Foster homes are crucial for many dogs in our street dog rehabilitation program. Dogs can become stuck at outdoor kennels for years or even for their lifetime, if someone doesn’t give them a chance to live in a home. Competition for finding a permanent home for a rescue dog in Ukraine is fierce, so dogs already living in a home are much more likely to be adopted than those at outdoor shelters.
This role can all be done in your pajamas, from your own living room (virtually), and at your convenience. If you are still interested, please read on...
- Should live in Ukraine, or have previously lived in Ukraine and are a member of online expat communities
- Recruit foster volunteers (we will train you, and give you ideas on how to do this)
- Interview and approve volunteers (interviews usually take 30-60 minutes and are done via phone.) Volunteers are usually Americans/Western Europeans living in Kyiv, Ukraine and speak English.
- Coordinate with Caretaker and Foster to deliver dog to their new temporary home.
- Coordinate with Adoptions Coordinator and dog’s Case Manager on dog’s status and updates.
- Check In with foster about needs; arrange trainer, crate, money transfers for foster when needed.
- 3 to 6 month commitment.
- Have some connection to or knowledge about Eastern Europe and have some understanding of the street dog crises in undeveloped countries.
- Must be a self-starter, personable and a networker; must be able to think creatively about how to recruit volunteers.
- Friendly people-person, organized and dependable.
- Must like talking to people on the phone; must be comfortable reaching out to strangers.
- Must have personal experience either owning a dog (if you are working on a dog application) or owning a cat (if you are working on a cat application.)
Must have a Facebook account and be comfortable posting and messaging on Facebook; must have or be able to download Facebook messenger, Viber, Whats App and Telegram as needed. Must be a member of InterNations or be willing to create an account.
- Click the "I want to help" button to message us; please include the following:
- A short summary of why you are interested in this volunteer position and your related experience.
- Total hours per week you can volunteer
- Any questions
About Transform A Street Dog
1303 CRESPI DR, PACIFICA, CA 94044, US
To rehabilitate and find homes for at-risk street dogs abroad by providing medical treatment, safe shelter, nutritious food, obedience training, and organizing transportation to and adoption in the USA.
Transform A Street Dog rescues and rehabilitates street dogs in Ukraine and other countries
experiencing overwhelming street dog crises. Our goal is to completely rehabilitate dogs from a hopeless street dog to a beloved house pet.
We believe every dog can find it's home no matter disability or age. We find forever homes in the dogs' home countries and abroad.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- We are looking for someone who can commit to volunteering for 3-6 months and 3-4 hours/week.
- You should have some connection to Ukraine but do not need to speak Russian or Ukrainian.