DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives - Environmental Restoration Planner for Crowddoing
ORGANIZATION: M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
About Us: -
Crowddoing.world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. What makes us different? Crowddoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. We would love for you to join the team!
Project Outline: -
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives is a framework/approach to align stakeholder (e.g., homeowners, landowners, utilities, local authorities, insurance and reinsurance companies, and others) interests and incentives in a way that leads to investment in Nature-based preventive solutions such as targeted grazing (by goats, sheep, etc.) as well as advanced technological solutions (e.g., IoT) in areas predicted by data driven models as highly vulnerable to wildfires.Prevention Derivative aims to mitigate preventable risks arising from wildfires instead of transferring them.
- See more detailed background on CrowdDoing's Wildfire prevention derivatives
Role Description: -
We are looking for a qualified Environmental Restoration Planner who will Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Will process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management. They may work on teams with geoscientists and hydrologists to manage the cleanup of contaminated soils and ground water.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Collect and analyze data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Plan environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Conduct site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
Skills and Competencies: -
- Team player showing willingness to work on and with a variety of projects, disciplines, and people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to develop technical sections and coordinate and manage preparation for environmental assessments, management plans, and other environmental studies and documents is required
- Strong background in terrestrial ecology to perform biological resource evaluations, develop habitat restoration, and management programs is required
- Strong computer user skills using the Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Conduct monitoring for construction/restoration projects
Qualifications and Experience: -
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Zoology, Botany, Ecology, Natural Resource Management, or other related field is required
- Experience with restoration or biological services-oriented work including involvement and proficiency with regulatory compliance and permitting pursuant to ESA, CWA and CEQA/NEPA, for a variety of development, restoration, and mitigation projects
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
3325 Besana Drive, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 20, 2023
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week or 20-40 hours per month