Board Member (Treasurer) - Nonprofit
COMMUNITY FORWARD SF INC
Community Forward SF is seeking a new board member to assume a Board Leadership Position as Treasurer.
Since 1978, Community Forward SF is a private non-profit serving high risk, chronically homeless men and women in San Francisco. Our mission is helping those most in need get off the street, achieve stability and establish permanent housing by providing compassionate, culturally sensitive services. Our 6 programs span a continuum of care of services providing drop-in, emergency shelter, transitional housing, residential substance abuse treatment for seniors, and permanent supportive housing as well as medical respite through a partnership with Department of Public Health. With an annual budget exceeding $10 million, we employ 100+ employees and are looking to add strategic Board Members.
Roles & Responsibilities As a Community Forward Board Member, you will work with fellow board members and committed staff to help to move San Francisco's most vulnerable population off the streets towards stability through compassionate, culturally sensitive services.
- Drive mission and purposes of the organization.
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in board meetings (6/year) in-person in downtown San Francisco, as well as periodic fundraising or related meetings (meeting virtually during covid pandemic)
- Creating expectations and goals for evaluating the performance of the CEO.
- Strategic and organizational planning; developing fundraising strategy and networking.
- Maintain self governance of the board, setting expectations and reviewing overall performance.
- Maintain discrete confidentiality of all meeting, company and other information discussed during your time as a board member.
- The Community Forward Board has a proud history of 100% Board donation participation. Board Members are expected to, at a minimum, make an annual financial donation to support the organization, and Board Members are highly encouraged to donate and solicit donations from others for organizational fundraising campaigns.
- A strong supporter of the organization's mission
- Degree and/or professional experience in accounting or related field
++ Experience with nonprofit GAAP accounting and government grants highly desirable
++ Masters degree or CPA is highly desirable
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills including leadership and communication skill
- Fundraising experience highly preferred, but not required
Please inquire to Chris Truglio, Board Vice President (responses to this VolunteerMatch posting will be routed directly). You will be provided with an application form to outline your experience, skills, and what you would bring to the Board, and asked to provide a current resume and references.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About COMMUNITY FORWARD SF INC
1171 MISSION ST FL 2, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
MISSION | Community Forward helps the most vulnerable individuals of SF get off the street, find comprehensive services, and achieve stability so they may thrive
OUR ORGANIZATIONAL VISION
We envision a San Francisco where everyone who has lost the ability to care for themselves is given the support they need to gain control of their own lives. There will be no homeless on the street, those with illness and addiction will be cared for, and everyone will be supported along a path toward permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
At Community Forward SF, we strive to:
- Extend a helping hand to every homeless person in the San Francisco who has lost the ability to care for him or herself.
Help the majority of our clients achieve stability and establish permanent housing.
Provide our clients with the best support possible through innovative, top notch programs that serve as a model to other care providers, extending our impact beyond our immediate community.