Host International High School Students
HANDS FOR AMERICA
When you host an international exchange student, you’re doing more than making his or her dream come true. As a host family, you also:
- Enrich your family, local high school, and community with valuable new ideas and perspectives.
- Increase the mutual understanding between people of different cultures.
- Encourage peaceful relationships between the United States and other countries around the world.
- Create meaningful friendships for yourself, your family, and the people in your community.
- Help educate the leaders of tomorrow so that they may develop into service-minded, well-rounded global citizens.
About HANDS FOR AMERICA
3150 WILSHIRE BLVD SUITE 1808, LOS ANGELES, CA 90010, US
Our mission is to help families in hard-to-access areas by forming long-lasting relationships with their communities. Our many projects are based on the idea that today's children are tomorrow's agents of change. We connect with community members to ensure that their children are given the opportunity to reach their potential and coordinate efforts to provide healthcare, nutrition, shelter, and education to these rural communities.
Hands for Americas is a non-profit humanitarian organization born in the heart of the Vallejos Tellez siblings. Having faced adversity in our own childhoods, we are able to identify with the struggles faced by children, women, and youth living in difficult situations. We experienced so much kindness when we were in need, and so we have joined together to help others in need.