DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives - Fire Ecologist for Crowddoing
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
About Us: -
CrowdDoing.world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. We would love for you to join the team!
Project Outline: -
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives is a framework/approach to align stakeholder (e.g., homeowners, landowners, utilities, local authorities, insurance and reinsurance companies, and others) interests and incentives in a way that leads to investment in Nature-based preventive solutions such as targeted grazing (by goats, sheep, etc.) as well as advanced technological solutions (e.g., IoT) in areas predicted by data driven models as highly vulnerable to wildfires.Prevention Derivative aims to mitigate preventable risks arising from wildfires instead of transferring them.
- See more detailed background on CrowdDoing's Wildfire prevention derivatives
Role Description: -
We are looking for a qualified Fire Ecologists who will study the origins of fire, what influences spread and intensity, fire’s relationship with ecosystems, and how controlled fires can be used to maintain ecosystem health. They look to scientific research for guidance on how prescribed burns and lightningstarted fires can be used to benefit ecological systems.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Assess and apply precedents to devise strategies and plans to overcome significant forest management problems. Adapt standard scientific techniques, processes, and procedures for unit use.
- Provide technical assistance to all disciplines on methods for reestablishing fire’s role in the ecological system and fire ecology operations. Collect and analyze field data, project, and landscape level planning input to carry out studies.
- Participate as a member of interdisciplinary teams to evaluate impact of service and other agency activities on national forest and other lands and resources.
- Review and prepare long-and/or short-range plans for prevention, detection, pre-suppression, suppression, fire coordination and implementation, and fuels management efforts.
- Review and evaluate the interrelationship of fire management program elements with functional resource plans and land management plans and schedules.
- Assess need and provide input into fire management analysis systems and other fire management action plans.
- Develop alternative strategies which reduce adverse effects on fire management and other activities.
- Advise other principal staff on the compatibility of proposed functional area actions with the overall fire management plan.
- Interpret available data to address variables, effect on other resources, and the rationale of the competing interests. Use database technology to manage natural resources.
- Develop natural resources databases for use in making recommendations to management. Review existing data and collections for accuracy and appropriateness. Add additional data to complete or maintain a current inventory of natural resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical capabilities.
Skills and Competencies: -
- Ability to lead teams to effectively plan, ignite and extinguish controlled fires
- Knowledge of vegetation that burns easily
- Landscape and xeriscape in order to minimize fire damage and spread
- Use computer programs to simulate a controlled fire
- Use projected data to analyze and determine a particular outcome; craft a management plan and make adjustments as necessary
- Provide remediation plans for land areas in the event of a wildfire to prevent future wildfires from occurring
- Predict fire volatility of ecosystems based upon the vegetation and types of fuel present
- Determine wildfire risk assessments of areas of land for government or private land owners
Qualification and Experience: -
- An undergraduate degree in forestry, ecology or related field of study with extensive experience in fire and fuel management
- A High degree of knowledge of ecological succession and vegetation in certain biomes or regions
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About M4A FOUNDATION - CROWDDOING
3325 BESSAA DRVIE, EL DORADO HILLS, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 5, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Market Research / Analysis
- Disaster Response
- Environmental Science