DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives - Forest and Conservation Technician for Crowddoing
ORGANIZATION: M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
About Us: -
CrowdDoing.world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. We would love for you to join the team!
Project Outline: -
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives is a framework/approach to align stakeholder (e.g., homeowners, landowners, utilities, local authorities, insurance and reinsurance companies, and others) interests and incentives in a way that leads to investment in Nature-based preventive solutions such as targeted grazing (by goats, sheep, etc.) as well as advanced technological solutions (e.g., IoT) in areas predicted by data driven models as highly vulnerable to wildfires.Prevention Derivative aims to mitigate preventable risks arising from wildfires instead of transferring them.
- See more detailed background on CrowdDoing's Wildfire prevention derivatives
Role Description: -
We are looking for a qualified Forest Conservation Technicians who will use the principles and theories of science and mathematics to assist in research and development and to help invent and improve products and processes. May compile data pertaining to size, content, condition, and other characteristics of forest tracts, under the direction of foresters; or train and lead forest workers in forest propagation, fire prevention and suppression.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Thin and space trees and control weeds and undergrowth, using manual tools and chemicals, or supervise workers performing these tasks.
- Train and lead forest and conservation workers in seasonal activities, such as planting tree seedlings, putting out forest fires, and maintaining recreational facilities.
- Provide information about, and enforce, regulations, such as those concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety, and accident prevention.
- Patrol park or forest areas to protect resources and prevent damage.
- Map forest tract data using digital mapping systems.
Skills and Competencies: -
- Analytical skills. Forest and conservation technicians conduct a variety of field tests and onsite measurements, all of which require precision and accuracy.
- Communication skills. Forest and conservation technicians must clearly instruct forest and conservation workers, who typically do the labor necessary to take care of the forest. Technicians must also follow instructions given to them by foresters and conservation scientists.
- Critical-thinking skills. Forest and conservation technicians reach conclusions through sound reasoning and judgment. They determine how to improve forest conditions and must react appropriately to fires.
- Physical stamina. Forest and conservation technicians often walk long distances in steep and wooded areas. They work in all kinds of weather, including extreme heat and cold.
- Analytical or scientific software - Assisi Software Forest; Forest Vegetation Simulator FVS; HARVEST; LoggerPC software
- Data base user interface and query software - Forest EcoSurvey; LJI Technologies Lumberjack; Microsoft Access; PhoenixPRO Forest Activity Tracking
- Inventory management software - Assisi Software Forest Inventory; Haglof Sweden AB TCruise Forest Inventory
- Map creation software - Allegro Landmark; Ben Meadows Yeoman Expedition; ESRI ArcGIS software; RockWare ArcMap
- Presentation software - Corel Presentation; Microsoft PowerPoint
Qualification and Experience: -
- Associate’s degree in Forestry or a Technician Program. OR
- Degree in Related field includes ecology, biology and forest resource management.
- Experience and knowledge in forestry inventory, mapping, scientific and database software ability to use forestry equipment, passenger vehicles, aircrafts, watercrafts, forklifts; experience with survey equipment, global positioning systems, field data recorders; ability to read and draw maps.
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
3325 Besana Drive, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 20, 2023
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Market Research / Analysis
- Environmental Science
- Basic Computer Skills