DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives - Silviculturist for Crowddoing
ORGANIZATION: M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
About Us: -
CrowdDoing.world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. We would love for you to join the team!
Project Outline: -
Wildfire Prevention Derivatives is a framework/approach to align stakeholder (e.g., homeowners, landowners, utilities, local authorities, insurance and reinsurance companies, and others) interests and incentives in a way that leads to investment in Nature-based preventive solutions such as targeted grazing (by goats, sheep, etc.) as well as advanced technological solutions (e.g., IoT) in areas predicted by data driven models as highly vulnerable to wildfires. Prevention Derivative aims to mitigate preventable risks arising from wildfires instead of transferring them.
- See more detailed background on CrowdDoing'sWildfire prevention derivatives
Role Description: -
We are looking for a qualified Silviculturists who will apply different treatments to make forests more productive and more useful to a landowner and society on a sustainable basis. Designs and implements silvicultural methods to develop stand composition and structures that may be reflected in natural disturbed ecosystems and thereby fulfill objectives that produce tangible (harvestable commodities) and intangible (ecosystem structure and function) benefit. The ideal Candidate is a good team player with great communication skills.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Monitor contract compliance and results of forestry activities to assure adherence to government regulations.
- Plan, supervise and conduct research in such problems of forest propagation and culture as tree growth rate, effects of thinning on forest yield, duration of seed viability, and effects of fire and animal grazing on growth, seed production, and germination of different species.
- Establish short- and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources.
- Determine methods of cutting and removing timber with minimum waste and environmental damage.
- Supervise activities of other forestry workers.
Skills and Competencies: -
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Analytical or scientific software - Forest vegetation simulators; Forest yield software
- Data base user interface and query software - Data entry software; Microsoft Access; SMART
- Electronic mail software- IBM Notes; Microsoft Outlook
- Inventory management software - Forest Metrix; Fountains Forestry TwoDog
- Map creation software - ESRI ArcGIS software; ESRI ArcView; Geographic information system GIS software; Mapping software
Qualification and Experience: -
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Forestry.
- Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in forestry, or at least 30 semester hours in any combination of biological, physical, or mathematical sciences or engineering, of which at least 24 semester hours were in forestry.
- Experience and knowledge in silviculture, forest management operations, timber management, wildland fire science or fire management, utilization of forest resources, forest regulation, recreational land management, watershed management, and wildlife or range habitat management.
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
3325 Besana Drive, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 11, 2023
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Environmental Science
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week or 20-40 hours per month