RANDOM ACTS INC
The Web Developer is responsible for supporting the organization’s IT-related projects, as well as providing technical expertise and support to all staff members. This position will specifically focus on maintaining and updating the external Random Acts website. Reporting to the IT manager, the
Web Developer will also work closely with the IT Admin and will undertake various IT work and projects.
- Responsibility for IT related projects, particularly related to developing new functions, pages, applications and other features on the Random Acts website.
- Work with other teams within Random Acts to gather their requirements and make updates as requested to their respective pages and needs.
- Work with the Multimedia team to develop the UI as necessary.
- Ensure all necessary user testing is completed, and revisions implemented, prior to release.
- Keep the IT Manager informed of significant problems that jeopardize the wellbeing of the organization, escalating to the Leadership Team where necessary.
- Attend regular staff and departmental meetings.
- Support the IT Admin and IT Manager with other IT projects as needed.
Desired qualifications AND SKills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Handles multiple tasks in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Commitment to continuous learning to keep abreast of changes in the technology field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of creativity
- Ability to manage new system implementations, including coordination with external
- organizations, contractors, or suppliers.
- Understanding of website development, and activities associated with the website
launches/redesigns including menu architecture development, web page layouts and graphic design.
- Experience working with Podio.
- Experience in developing responsive web design for mobile users.
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate projects, evening and weekend meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or relevant experience
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.