3 people are interested
Social Health Ambassador
ORGANIZATION: University Health
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Do you want to learn about the world and form relationships with people from all walks of life while digging into society’s most challenging social health issues? Volunteer to become a Social Health Navigator at TMC and help the community in a new and exciting way. The Social Health Ambassador will function as on-site support to the social determinants of health program by serving as direct support to patients in screening for, understanding, and making appropriate referrals for basic social health needs (e.g., food transportation, medication assistance.)
- Participate in 4 hours (1 hour per month for medical students) of shift at a hospital resource center desk; 2 hours of follow-up communication with patients; 1 hour scheduled monthly training and any mandatory trainings/meetings.
- Meet one on one with patients to gather information that will assist a Social Worker/Case Manager/Healthcare Navigator in determining their resource needs and goals.
- Assist patients in completing surveys and screens, which will assess resource needs.
- Assist patients in completing necessary forms, to request resources as indicated.
- Document and report screenings, referrals, navigation and connections on electronic database.
- Assist in maintaining community resource inventory.
- Trained volunteers may answer incoming SDOH phone line, follow-up with patients in person or by telephone to ensure satisfactory use of services and connections with community resources.
- May participate in SDOH program planning and quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned: Look for opportunities to learn new skills and improve ways of doing things with grace and enthusiasm.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients and workforce members (service is friendly and polite at all times); demonstrate a commitment to service excellence through positive customer interactions.
- Provide patient centered service through teamwork and collaboration; Function as an administrative member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team to ensure compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for patient's preferences, values, and needs.
To apply please go to Adult volunteer application form | Truman Medical Centers/University Health (trumed.org)and submit the adult application. All applicants must also complete background checks, health screenings and compliance training before their first volunteer shift.
About University Health
2301 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, US
University Health is an academic health center providing accessible, state-of-the-art quality healthcare to our community regardless of the ability to pay.
University Health is an academic medical center providing quality healthcare to the Kansas City community and beyond, for those with the very best insurance and those with no insurance at all.
2301 HolmesKansas City, MO 64108
June 21, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours
- Additional Contact Gabriella.Gardner@tmcmed.org