At Kindred Hospice, volunteers are indispensable to the patients and families we serve, and are key members of our hospice care team.
WHAT VOLUNTEERS CAN DO
--Visit patients in a facility or in their homes.
--Take their certified therapy dogs to visit patients.
--Assist with administrative tasks in the office or from your home.
--Bake birthday cakes for patients.
--Create & send personalized cards to patients.
--Knit, crochet or sew lap blankets, shawls and other comfort items for patients.
--Sew memory bears or pillows for bereaved families.
--Be present with a patient.
--Provide grief and bereavement support by sending cards, making calls, or helping in the office.
Kindred hospice volunteers are trained in the goals and philosophy of hospice care, as well as the care and comfort of the hospice patient.
Orientation sessions are held monthly at the Kindred Hospice offices, 540 Officenter Place, Gahanna, or at a location convenient for an individual or group interested in volunteering.
Through their caring, compassion, and time given to hospice patients, our volunteers continue to make an invaluable contribution to community, personal emotional and spiritual growth, and greater appreciation for life.
Training provided. Background check & TB screening required (at Kindred's expense). Volunteers visiting patients must be at least 18 years old.
Join our volunteer team!
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 or more hrs/mo, depending on volunteer & patient
- Relieve a caregiver - spend time...
- Phone calls - volunteers needed
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Excel tracking - patient visits
- Organized? Dependable?...
- Share an hour with a hospice...
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR DOG - team up & visit...
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans to visit Veterans