Email Account Manager - Help close the education gap and gain experience!
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Email Account Manager
Estimated Hours/Week: 5+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 4+ months
About Pandemic Professors: Becoming the GSuite Account Lead for Pandemic Professors is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to facilitating free online tutoring for students in low-income communities. We are a 100% volunteer-run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
- Report to the Director of Operations
- Manage GSuite accounts for all volunteers
- Identify opportunities for improved security, for example with changes to administrator settings and implementation of staff training (e.g., phishing training)
- Collaborate with the Operations team to ensure proper maintenance of databases.
- Strategize with the People-Ops team in onboarding new volunteers to the organization.
If interested, please apply here:
- A passion for our mission
- Proven ability to handle numerous projects at once
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work in a team environment
- Ability or interest in building management skills
- Ability or interest in gaining administrative and technical skills
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.