Product Management Internship - Help close the education gap and gain experience!
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Title: Product Management Internship - Non-profit
Estimated Hours/Week: 7+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 3+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
- Report to the Director of Product Management to assist with organizational duties.
- Coordinating with different teams while implementing valuable feedback from stakeholders.
- Communicating your product vision and strategy and ensuring the team working towards our mission.
- Developing a Product Roadmap and ensuring efficient completion of deliverables.
- Researching best practices for managing nonprofits to improve the quality of work as well as keeping a lookout for market competition.
Opportunities for Growth:
- Apply and develop the following skills:
- Organization and attention to detail
- Communication with Shareholders
- Increase your knowledge in the following areas:
- Nonprofit development and operations
- Serving underserved populations
- Career development for recent college students
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.