Volunteer Driver to Hospital and Grocery Stores
InsightHeart Foundation is eager to take the burden of seniors and Cancer patient and we need your help. Only 2 hours a week is required as a licensed driver or a runner to ensure seniors/Patient deliver every week to either hospital or for grocery shopping continue.
For the majority of our clients they depend upon the Hospital and Grocery Shopping program to focus on their treatment and get basic daily nutrition
In order to remain a client-centred, integrated, engaged and proactive organization, we’ve continued to work closely with our community members, foster partnerships with initiatives that addressed pressing needs while setting new standards of excellence.
InsightHeart is currently looking for volunteers who can drive seniors and patient from their home to Hospital or for Grocery shopping
This is a wonderful opportunity to provide a much needed service to people in your community. As a volunteer with InsightHeart you will be treated with respect and appreciation.
For more information please call - 437-917-9111 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drivers must possess a valid Ontario Driver's license (Class G) and a clean driving record evidenced by a Drivers Record Search Document.
- Willing to have a police check done, which will be submitted by our agency
- Must be willing to use their own car (a safe and reliable vehicle and a minimum of one million dollars of liability insurance)
- Must be able to carry bags or assist seniors/patient
- Must be able to read and understand delivery labels and route books
- Individuals should be patient and sensitive to the needs of frail seniors and persons with disabilities
- Able to use elevators or walk up and down stairs
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with others
Location- Scarborough only for now
18 years old
Minimum hours per week:
3 hours per week; 11:30am - 3:30pm, Weekdays ONLY and PPE will be provided
carrying and lifting
About InsightHeart Foundation
7 Ignatius Lane, Toronto, Ontario M1E0A2, CA
InsightHeart Foundation is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing essentials to vulnerable adults and children within low-income communities.
We look to ease the suffering of those experiencing homelessness by distributing warm clothes and care items; ultimately we hope to help close the poverty gap.
We look to create an 'even playing field’ for school students across Canada by distributing school supplies and everyday essentials to at-risk children and families.
And another even playing field: that all cancer patients and elderly people on low incomes can access the medical treatment they need, by enabling them to reach their appointments.