The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
Supporting the Organization Coordinators and Organization Manager, our Volunteer Recruiters will assist with volunteer functions such as recruitment, onboarding, engagement, development, and retention.
- Conduct volunteer recruitment efforts such as developing descriptions, managing requisitions, interviewing, and placing volunteers.
- May assist with recruiting events to attract volunteers.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records.
Associate's degree in Business, Communications, Public Management or related field or an equivalent combination of education or related experience.
Experience or interest in volunteer engagement or human resources highly preferred.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Active Listening - can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; utilizes strong listening skills to formulate direct, responsive answers to questions.
- Attention to detail - achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Collaborative - cooperates and works willingly with others to create solutions that benefit all involved.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.