DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Marketing Plan for Civil War Round Table
ORGANIZATION: OLD BALDY CIVIL WAR ROUND TABLE OF PHILADELPHIA
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
We are in search of an energetic and knowledge individual to assist in developing and implementing a marketing plan for non-profit historical society. Tasks will include:
- Identify additional source of distribution of notice for on-line programs.
- Work with fundraising committee to promote on-line projects to generate revenue.
- Work with the event committee on planning a marketing strategy for a two-day Symposium planned for April 29-30 2022, with the goal to achieve the broadest awareness of event in order to draw the largest possible attendance.
- Locate and prepare a list of all sources of local print outlets, newspapers (regional and community) and magazines.
- Determine best way to present Michael A. Cavanaugh Book Award
- Identify advertising costs of all print outlets located. Determine print outlet’s policy on free event posting notification, both written and electronic.
- Determine if local TV Media have Event Notification policies.
- Determine all other electronic sources of event notification.
- Determine timetable for ad placement.
- Work with event committee in the selection of ad placement; type, size and best use of available budgeted funds.
About OLD BALDY CIVIL WAR ROUND TABLE OF PHILADELPHIA
44 MORNING GLORY DR, MARLTON, NJ 08053, US
The purpose of the Old Baldy CWRT is to promote education in regard to the American Civil War era, to further stimulate interest in, and discussion of, all aspects of the American Civil War era, and to support and encourage the preservation of American Civil War monuments and sites. The Round Table shall strive to bring into the organization members, guests, and speakers who may share knowledge about all aspects of the Civil War, its causes, influences, and consequences. Participants in Round Table discussions are encouraged to share historical information and their interpretations thereof and to be respectful of the opinions and varying views of others.
Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, the Old Baldy CWRT is named after General Meade's horse, whose head was on display at the museum where the group was started. The round table holds a monthly meeting on the second Thursday of each month at Camden County College in Blackwood. Since April 2020 the meeting have been conducted over Zoom. In addition to covering business, each month a speaker shares their knowledge in a presentation, a discussion is held on a Civil War topic or there is a member night. Member nights include "your favorite CW book,'" show and tell, "your family military heritage," or trip reports.
The round table electronically distributes an award winning newsletter each month to members and friends. Copies of the newsletter are available on our website. The round table has a Facebook page . It sets up a display board exhibit at local history fairs and events to promote the organization. Annually it lays a wreath at the grave of General Winfield Scott Hancock on Memorial Day weekend. It awards a book award for a young persons book, sponsors trail marker signs on battlefields, provide judges for regional competitions for History Day and raises funds for historic preservation. It networks with history based groups like the League of Historical Societies of New Jersey. Civil War Round Table Congress, Society of Women of the Civil War, Camden County History Alliance, and Civil War Trails.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 3, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Market Research / Analysis