7 people are interested
Speak to students - Multimedia, Filmmaking, Communication & Marketing
7 people are interested
The Sequoia HS Digital Arts Academy is a California Partnership Academy, one of five in our school district and one of 500+ throughout the state of California, each with its own industry focus providing hands-on experiences for students to prepare them for their future careers.
We would like to have guest speakers for the sophomores in our program to learn more about multimedia, filmmaking, and the broader topics of communication and marketing.
Join us for a one-time visit to share your career, educational background, give a brief job description, and offer the pros & cons of your field. A standard presentation might include:
- Start with an overview of your career pathway, beginning with what you were interested in high school, college, early jobs, etc. and what you do today
- What key steps do you think helped make you successful? Was there an opportunity that you took? A risk? An important mentor or job?
- Then talk about some of the exciting technology that you work with or direct today. Can you give them a challenge to demonstrate this?
- Finally, wrap up by bringing it down to their level, what 1-2 steps can they do now? join a club or team, meet with a teacher, etc.
About Sequoia High School
1201 Brewster Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94062, US
About us: Sequoia High School will provide a stimulating and caring community that encourages respect for diversity and promotes academic and vocational excellence through creative and critical thinking as well as an appreciation of the arts. A Sequoia education develops responsibility, communication skills, self-esteem, and self-direction, and promotes educational success and lifelong learning for all students
Established in 1895, Sequoia High School is the oldest high school in the San Francisco Bay Area between San Francisco and San Jose. Founded as a preparatory school for Stanford University, today it serves approximately 2000 students in grades nine through twelve. Sequoia is conveniently located in downtown Redwood City, one block from the Caltrain station, and less than 20 minutes north of the Stanford campus.
"My goal, my dream, is that every student can go to a school like this one... Sequoia is an amazing school... We want to take the lessons learned here and share them. This is a remarkable success story in the making." - Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education, September 12, 2012.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design / UX
- Video Production
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- This is a short time commitment that can have a big impact on a student, help inspire the next generation in your industry!
- Good sense of humor, passionate about your career, enjoy speaking with teenagers.