6 people are interested
Board members wanted
6 people are interested
MIRR Alliance (Migrant, Immigrant & Refugee Rights Alliance) is a coalition of organizations, activists, and researchers in the field of migration.Through coalition building, narrative change, and opportunities for learning and dialogue on complex policy questions, we amplify our collective advocacy on behalf of those who are uprooted, on the move, and in need of social and political protection.
MIRR Alliance is seeking board members to fill our Advisory Board and Planning Board. Descriptions of both engagements are provided below:
Planning Board members:
- The planning board is a working board. Members take an active role in promoting and supporting the organization, including the planning and execution of events
- Plan and execute webinars and fundraising campaigns
- Commit in a serious way to a once-per-month virtual meeting (with additional, small-group calls as needed throughout the year)
- Have experience with media, blogging, social media, or communications
- Have a deep interest in the subject matter
- Are based in the United States
- Have deep experience, connections, and subject-matter expertise in areas of immigration, migration, and refugee issues both in the United States and globally
- Support the organization’s public relations and networking efforts
- Support the organization’s fundraising and share relevant grant opportunities
- Share critical resources and subject matter expertise
- Provide programmatic input and assessment
- Act as a connector and ambassador for the organization
- Commit to once-per-month virtual meetings
- Are based anywhere in the world
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MIRR Alliance
E 95th Street, New York, NY 10028, US
MIRR Alliance (Migrant, Immigrant & Refugee Rights Alliance) is a coalition of organizations around the world working to protect and advance the rights and dignity of migrants, immigrants, and refugees.
Through grassroots action, small grants, narrative shift, and coalition building, we amplify our collective advocacy on behalf of those who are uprooted, on the move, and in need of social and political protection.
As an alliance, we amplify our collective advocacy on behalf of those who are uprooted, on the move, and in need of social and political protection.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 26, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 25
- 2 to 5 hours a month
- Attend all monthly meetings