3D Modeler Volunteer (no compensation)
GAMES FOR LOVE
Games for Love is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that works to ease suffering, save lives, and create sustainable futures for children. We believe in the concept of "distraction therapy" and bring the joy of gaming into the lives of our junior gamers in hospitals around the country. We plan to help 10 million kids in the next 5 years. We have a healthy ecosystem to achieve that goal with your intelligent contribution.
We are seeking a volunteer 3D Modeler to join our Channel Surfing Character Squad team. As a 3D modeler, you will be responsible for creating virtual worlds and characters.
- Work with the Character Dept to maintain a stunning visual style and quality
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life
- Model and texture low-poly characters
- Manage the delivery of the project’s characters and assets on schedule
- Assess team’s needs in requesting tools to simplify workflow
- Work with guidelines provided by other departments to ensure quality, playability, and performance
- Able to donate approx.10 hrs. a week for 6 months
- Minimum 2 years of experience in 3D design and modeling with a portfolio to showcase your skills
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Extensive knowledge of character design, rigging, skinning, etc.
- Some familiarity with animation techniques
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools
- Experience with VR and/or Oculus Quest 2 is a plus
- You want to be part of something great that positively impacts society especially in times of crisis
- You are proactive to collaborate remotely
- Work from anywhere on earth - 100% remote
- Massive networking opportunities with 500+ members of our community
- Level up your skills
- Volunteer grants approved
- OPT & CPT programs
- Make a big impact in the world
- Have lots of fun partnering with passionate game developers
- Join the mastermind group and learn from top game developers
- Volunteer recognition & awards
Games for Love is an equal opportunity organization. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
About GAMES FOR LOVE
20411 HORIZON WAY SE, MONROE, WA 98272, US
Games for Love is a 501(c)(3) gaming charity dedicated to easing suffering, saving lives, and creating a sustainable future for children.
Improving the lives of children through what we call the program ecosystem, which is 6 programs working together in tandem to accomplish our mission to help children. We are not looking at the symptoms of global problems to place a bandaid but at the root of the problems to solve them from the foundation. Our community creates a safe place of support, mentorship, and growth for all those involved.