12 people are interested
Avalon Hospice Volunteer Opportunity
12 people are interested
We are looking for compassionate volunteers to assist us with care in the following categories.
- Direct Patient Care - Volunteers work with hospice patients and their families to provide support services such as visiting patients in their home, hospital or nursing facility, providing companionship and supportive listening, providing relief for primary caregivers or performing the needed tasks and errands of daily living.
- Tuck-In Calls - Volunteers phone hospice patients and caregivers to see if they need medical supplies or attention in an effort to enhance comfort and reduce risk.
- Administrative - Volunteers work within the hospice office, providing support to the staff with clerical and administrative functions. NOTE: You must at least 16 years old to serve as a volunteer. Volunteers who are 16 or 17 can only serve as administrative volunteers.
- Bereavement - Volunteers provide support to grieving families throughout the year following the death of a patient. This is primarily done through encouraging mailings and phone calls.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Avalon Hospice
4010 Executive Park Dr Suite 225, Cincinnati, OH 45241, US
Avalon Hospice is an affiliate of CURO Health Services and its family of hospice care providers. The mission of CURO Health Services and its hospice affiliates is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their caregivers when facing a life-limiting illness.
Avalon Hospice provides compassionate hospice care coupled with clinical excellence. We serve thousands of patients and their families in the communities we partner with.
Avalon Hospice's agencies are committed to being a world class organization that provides the highest quality care to our patients and their families. Our philosophy and culture are built around having highly experienced healthcare professionals who are experts in pain management providing the necessary support and education to patients and their caregivers.
4010 Executive Park DriveSuite 225Cincinnati, OH 45241
September 2, 2021
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is entirely up to the availability of the volunteer, and/or the needs of our the patients..
- Orientation, ongoing annual training, and patient care protocols are required.