Co-Director of Innovation
Helpful Engineering is seeking a Co-Director of Innovation to join the team and help fight COVID! This is a volunteer position (we do not offer compensation). Helpful Engineering volunteers work with amazing worldwide team members in a dynamic fast-moving environment. It is also a great opportunity to build your skills and resume.
Come join us!
About Helpful Engineering
Helpful Engineering is an international, open-source community incubator focused on mobilizing people to help solve the Covid-19 pandemic and other critical issues. With thousands of volunteers worldwide, we support projects through innovations in engineering, community resources, software, and manufacturing. Most of the projects are focused on finding solutions to fix the lack of products used by healthcare professionals, including hardware and software, but also non-technical products like surgical masks.
We have engineers and doctors all around the world who are producing ventilators, protective equipment, websites, and systems to organize volunteers to assist their communities and medical workers. They are making heroic efforts to produce products in time to help the outbreak.
Check Out Helpful Engineering Here:
For our complete list of open positions, check out our Volunteer Opportunities:
The goal of the Innovation Department is to support the creation, design process and ultimately completion of Helpful Engineering’s projects. The Innovation office supports the Project Development Pipeline. This is a core competency of Helpful Engineering which requires high-level management, organization and relationship management experience. Directors will be expected to lead multiple cross-disciplinary offices and ensure a productive working environment is established. This is a partnership with your other Co-Director and you will be expected to establish your areas of responsibility and overlap together, and work as a team.
- Hire and Onboard new Scrum Masters to the organization and assign them to appropriate projects as identified by the project selection team
- As required: Set up and manage new Technical Offices to support the needs of Helpful Projects
- Direct the Office leads in execution of their duties in project support.
- Set-up and manage the Departmental meetings and represent the department at the Director/C-Suite level meetings.
- Coordinate efforts of the Innovation Department with the other Departments and Offices within Helpful Engineering.
- Where required: Work with the Project Owners and Scrum of Scrums Masters to clear blockers and manage relationships within the Highlighted projects on the behalf of Helpful Engineering.
- Maintain up to date and easy to use information for counterparts (e.g. channel updates; checklist; communication guidelines; ...)
- Ensure regular communication with the counterparts to identify main difficulties/challenges and successes/best-practices to share
- Whenever relevant: support cross-functional initiatives that further the interests of Helpful Engineering.
About Helpful Engineering
Helpful Engineering, London, London 533425, GB
Helpful Engineering is an international, open source community incubator focused on mobilizing people to help solve the Covid-19 pandemic and other critical issues. With thousands of volunteers worldwide, we support projects through innovations in engineering, community resources, software, and manufacturing.
Helpful Engineering is a 3,400 strong volunteer-run nonprofit incubator organization, with engineers, scientists, and doctors around the world dedicated to helping the world address the COVID-19 pandemic. Relying on the resourcefulness and grit of our members, we work to design innovative ways to fight the virus that causes this disease. We have partnered with medical professionals to know what would help them the most in this crisis, rapidly trying to design and arrange the production of pragmatic devices to move life-saving air, extend existing tools, or organize volunteers on the ground to bolster medical workers. The need is critical. Important but complex rules usually make these products unavailable, if unburdened, we can make them available now.