DEMI'S ANIMAL RESCUE INC
**Please note, all volunteer opportunities are located in the Denver-Metro Area**
We are always looking for animal-loving folks to join our incredible team!
Love animals? Need volunteer hours? Just want to make a difference in the world?
Come volunteer for Demi’s Animal Rescue! We are a very small rescue, but we can always use help! We accept volunteers of all ages and abilities. If you are willing to help, we can use you!
There is no long term commitment or hourly work you must put in!
Please note, we do note have a shelter location. Demi's Animal Rescue is a 100% foster-based rescue.
Current areas we can use help with on an as needed basis:
- Thrift Store - We have begun working on revamping the thrift store location. We have opportunities to partake in construction/paint/cleaning at the store front. We also are still accepting donations, and have shifts to help sort, tag, box donations. Our thrift store is located in Denver, and our storage unit is in Englewood/Centennial. Both of these opportunities are in person and require a mask at all times.
- Headquarters cleaning days - Great for all ages! HQ is in Aurora
- Vet transportation - Our vet is in Castle Pines. Most animals need to be dropped off by 8am and picked up by 5pm for appointments. You can drive one way or both ways! If doing an AM drop off, animals with appointments can spend the night before with you, or you can pick up from the foster in the morning. Valid Driver's license is needed as well as personal vehicle. **Must be 18 or older**
- Other Driving Opportunities: We also have driving opportunities to transport supplies to/from our HQ in Aurora, local Denver TNR efforts, Out of state transport pick-up, pick-up/drop off of animals to be at events, as well as specialist appointments. Valid Driver's license is needed as well as personal vehicle. **Must be 18 or older**
- Adoption Events - Adoption events can get crazy! Adoption event volunteers can help with talking to potential adopters, helping to ensure all paperwork is filled out & more! **Please note, In-person adoption events are on a temporary pause due to the pandemic**
- Dog Walking/Socialization- Occasionally, we welcome pups into our rescue that need a little more TLC and training which can include socialization hours and walks. One must be able/comfortable to handle a dog on the walk of any size/skill/strength. **Must be 18 or older**
Interested and want to get one step ahead? Please fill out our mandatory volunteer waiver here: https://awo.petstablished.com/petlover/adoption_contract/16966
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About DEMI'S ANIMAL RESCUE INC
23965 E KETTLE PL, AURORA, CO 80016, US
This is not just another place for a pet to pass through, but rather a place for improvement. We believe that there is no point in taking an animal and passing onto an adopter in the same day, without true knowledge on the pet. Pet Retention (or preventing animals from being rehomed) is a key ingredient to solving pet homelessness. Truly knowing a pet before sending him or her off to a forever home has the largest success rate for a pet staying in their forever home. When an animal comes to Demi’s Animal Rescue, a 7 step checklist will be followed for every pet to ensure that the pet is ready for adoption and to ensure that a proper match is found.
Located in Aurora, Colorado - Demi’s Animal Rescue is a no kill animal rescue that focuses on solving pet homelessness through adoption, spay/neuter and pet retention. We do not discriminate against any animal that is in need and open our door to all regardless of their breed, age or special care required. We strive to see the day that pet homelessness is eliminated worldwide. Once an animal reaches Demi’s Animal Rescue... It Only Gets Better From Here.
After years of advocating for animals, Demi started Demi’s Animal Rescue - a registered 501c(3) non profit organization. Today, we have grown to a 5-member board and continue to make great strides in our endeavors to save more animals.
Demi’s Animal Rescue Has Big Goals:
We are growing and taking steps forward every day. We strive to become better at what we do and more importantly to save more animals! We have many long term goals that we are working towards and need help to reach them!