Front Desk Volunteer
YWCA NORTHEAST INDIANA INC
Under the supervision of the Office Coordinator, the Front Desk Volunteer will be responsible for supporting various administrative projects and day-to-day duties for the organization.
This is an on-site volunteer position.
Roles & Duties:
- Maintain screening procedures for admission to building
- Responsible for operating a multi-line phone, maintaining guest records, and directing clients and guests to the appropriate department
- Greet visitors and direct them to sign in/out appropriately
- Receive mail and package deliveries on behalf of YWCA staff and clients
- Monitoring the security cameras and front door for safety
- Basic office organization, including maintaining the Front Desk Binder
- Responsible for following all established policies and procedures
- Abide by the YWCA Northeast Indiana Code of Conduct, Non-Interference Policy
- Maintain client and staff confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to learn and operate a multi-line phone
- Basic knowledge of computer programs (i.e. Google Chrome, Microsoft Suite)
- Ability to communicate effectively with different cultural groups
- Ability to react calmly and professionally in an emergency situation
- Ability to effectively work as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective active listening skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective reasoning abilities and critical thinking skills
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time
- Moderate lifting and carrying (up to 30 lb)
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff, and volunteers
To apply: complete online volunteer application https://ywcanein.com/volunteer
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Monday through Friday
01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Monday through Friday
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About YWCA NORTHEAST INDIANA INC
5920 DECATUR RD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46816, US
YWCA Northeast Indiana is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
What We Do:
We believe that all individuals have the right to be safe and choose the direction of their lives. Our programs address norms and barriers that could cause anyone to find themselves in situations of violence, trauma, or addiction. We actively work to transform lives by creating positive change, stability, and new opportunities for our clients, their families, and the community.
We offer programming in a variety of areas including Addiction Recovery, Counseling, Community Engagement, Financial Empowerment, Education, Domestic Violence, and Sexual Assault.
Who We Serve:
Our organization has served the community for 125 years. Today, our reach includes six Northeast Indiana counties: Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Noble, Wells and Whitley. Most of our programs and services are available for women, men, transgender individuals, and families of all types.