Sexual Assault Hotline Assistant
YWCA NORTHEAST INDIANA INC
Under the supervision of the Lead Therapist, the Sexual Assault Hotline Assistant will be responsible for answering calls received through the Sexual Assault Hotline outside of YWCA NEIN’s regular office hours. The aim of the SA Hotline is to provide a supportive, non-judgmental, compassionate and listening ear to those in crisis. SA volunteers can offer options and suggestions for next steps for the caller by linking or redirecting the call, but do not give instructions on what the caller should do.
This is a remote volunteer position.
Roles & Duties:
- Quickly and consistently respond to incoming calls while on-duty
- Responsible for following all established policies and procedures
- Abide by the YWCA Northeast Indiana Code of Conduct, Non-Interference Policy
- Maintain client and staff confidentiality
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good communication skills with Lead Therapist regarding the calls
- Ability to communicate effectively with different cultural groups
- Ability to react calmly and professionally in an emergency situation
- Ability to effectively work as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective active listening skills
To apply: complete online volunteer application https://forms.gle/kivQgrTs6poL8SbJ9
About YWCA NORTHEAST INDIANA INC
5920 DECATUR RD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46816, US
YWCA Northeast Indiana is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
What We Do:
We believe that all individuals have the right to be safe and choose the direction of their lives. Our programs address norms and barriers that could cause anyone to find themselves in situations of violence, trauma, or addiction. We actively work to transform lives by creating positive change, stability, and new opportunities for our clients, their families, and the community.
We offer programming in a variety of areas including Addiction Recovery, Counseling, Community Engagement, Financial Empowerment, Education, Domestic Violence, and Sexual Assault.
Who We Serve:
Our organization has served the community for 125 years. Today, our reach includes six Northeast Indiana counties: Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Noble, Wells and Whitley. Most of our programs and services are available for women, men, transgender individuals, and families of all types.