Volunteer for Veterans!
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Purpose: Help Veterans and Military Families by supporting the Whole Health Initiative at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, Bay Pines VA Healthcare System and other veterans serving sites.
Qualifications: Great opportunity for individuals and their families who are looking to serve Veterans and/or Military Family Members in a meaningful way. Maybe you are a Veteran, a military family member, active military, a high school or a college student, a corporate or a family group, and a former AmeriCorps member. Volunteer may need to pass a TB Tine test and a National Criminal History Background check based on the volunteer opportunity. Each volunteer needs to complete an OVC Community Volunteer Application. -
Activities may include
- Delivering or serving food
- Writing thank-you notes or encouragement letters
- Serving with Veterans at community fairs or special projects
- Garden projects
- Assembling Care Items for Veterans and their family members
- Holiday Events like the 911, Martin Luther King, Day of Caring, Veterans Day
- Phone calls to socially isolated, elderly, or disabled Veterans
Benefits: flexible time commitment, will gain valuable skills, meet new people, and the opportunity to participate in recognition and social events
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.