Volunteer NEPAL Experience Kathmandu Center for Children with Disabilities
Volunteer in Nepal
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Centre for Disabilities Special Education - Most of the disabled individuals in Nepal are ignored, neglected and forced to live in dark rooms because most of the family members of disabled individuals feel shame at having lost the prestige due to them in the community. As a result, they are dying in the same room or bed where they were born. Some of their family members may also make them beg on the streets. In these ways, the individuals are losing their human rights.
Volunteer Society Nepal offers interested volunteers from all over the world a chance to provide great support to the disabled children in Nepal. VSN has established daycare facilities in Kathmandu Valley. Volunteers stay with a local family while spending 6 hours a day at the facility.
As a volunteer, you may:
- typically assist caregivers, and provide more education on care methods where necessary.
- work with the children to provide assistance with therapy, activity preparation, education on basic health and sanitation, academic assistance, and general care.
- provide physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, music therapy services.
- help to plan activities and outings for sightseeing, picnics, cultural sharing, reading stories and promoting a love of reading, conversational English with the children,
- helping the children with their homework assignments etc. depending on the children’s abilities.
- provide vocational Training, income Generating Programme, based on experience and skills volunteers
- Organize recreational Activities-Audio-Visual aids, play, music, and games.
About Volunteer in Nepal
Pepsicola, Kathmandu, Bagmati 44600, NP
Our Values We believe that women and children are the foundation of our society hence we value the need for all women and children to be given equal opportunities in life regardless of their circumstances. It is our expectation that our practice and work reflect our beliefs and value and we strive to provide the best services possible to those we serve. We believe 1. in inclusion and the promotion of multiculturalism, 2. that society’s disadvantaged and marginalized people can have a fulfilling future with proper help and support, 3. that hope can be rekindled by everyone’s unique contributions, 4. that pure drinking water, decent sanitation, proper nutrition, education and good health care are the foundation on which all future efforts must be built
Welcome to Volunteer in Nepal - non governmental, non profit, non religious and non political organization registered with Nepal Government, Kathmandu District Administration office and affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal. The Volunteer in Nepal is a Nepali conceived and run small organization that uses local and international resources to safeguard the health and well being of underprivileged Nepali Children and women and to offer them the education, shelter, food and vocational tools to enable them to fully and equally contribute to Nepali society and compete in the global arena.