HR SPECIALIST (UNPAID - VOLUNTARY)
CARRY THE FUTURE
Are you passionate about talent acquisition and motivated to make a difference in the lives of the refugee families who need it the most? We are seeking a skilled Talent Acquisition Specialist to accelerate our HR department at Carry the Future. In this role, you will be responsible for documenting job requirements, job postings, screening candidates, and maintaining the staff database. To ensure success as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you should possess experience as a recruiter and the ability to attract great candidates for each role.
- This role will support the chief talent officer on talent acquisition and retention for CTF staff and volunteers, including representing CTF with recruitment initiatives and events as needed.
- Consult with department chiefs to define necessary requirements for open roles and communicate with new volunteers about open roles.
- Advertise and coordinate open positions to external networks
- Ask for referrals from current employees, acquaintances and industry professionals
- Join social media groups and professional networks and interact with potential candidates
- Maintain organized databases with candidates’ data
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and techniques
- Facilitate talent acquisition including conducting interviews, establishing communication between the hiring manager and candidates, onboarding, managing the staff accounts, granting access to tools and resources.
- Manage staff data and keep the staff volunteer database up to date.
- Support the departments on new volunteer training.
- Assist in formulating and continuously updating staff retention program.
- This role will also be involved in the continued improvement of CTF onboarding by following up with volunteers who do not complete the process.
Benefit role, skill to gain, fun parts:
The HR Specialist is in the unique position of meeting and interacting with new volunteers into our organization. This role provides the opportunity to develop communication, coordination, and data management skills.
The desired candidate will have:
- Relevant experience working within a HR/recruitment environment
- Able to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong Communication, interpersonal, presentation, research, and analytical skills.
- Active participation and commitment for at least 1 year
- Enthusiasm for non-profit work and passion for CTF mission to bring dignity, care, and awareness to the refugee journey.
To apply, please send a statement of interest along with an up to date resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About CARRY THE FUTURE
121 W LEXINGTON DR STE L 106D, GLENDALE, CA 91203, US
We are committed to serving refugee families with love and dignity. We focus on filling in the gaps to provide aid to refugees around the globe.
We’re an organization of more than 60 volunteer staff and 5,500 global volunteers who are committed to serving refugee families with love and dignity. We focus on filling in the gaps to provide critical aid to refugee families in Greece, Jordan, Tanzania, Bangladesh, the US - Mexico border, and beyond. Specifically, our aid falls into three programs: Welcome Baby, Community Development, and Emergency Response.