Volunteer Social Media Manager
Diversity in Wine and Spirits
DWS is looking for a volunteer to provide much-needed assistance with social media campaigns. This campaign will be launched on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube with the aim to build and share content and attract followers and increase engagement. We have original media content to share and we share the posts of other organizations and individuals. Our goal is to greatly increase our social media presence with the help of a skilled volunteer. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating original digital content across various social media platforms.
- Develop social media strategy
- Organize content in an Airtable database on an ongoing basis
- Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content, and implementation schedules
- Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media development, and brand management. Help develop our social media brand.
- Create original content
- Provide data analysis and metric reporting for clients
- Use HootSuite to schedule daily posts on Instagram and Facebook, and to schedule regular posts on Twitter and LinkedIn. Occasionally there will be original video content to be posted directly to our YouTube channel.
- Proficiency in many social media platforms
- Airtable experience (not required)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely
- Basic graphic design skills, marketing experience, and the ability to create content via CANVA. Previous experience with CANVA is ideal, or a willingness to be a self-starter and quickly learn the platform.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Diversity in Wine and Spirits
232 west 116th Street unit,, New York City, NY 10026, US
"Our mission is to promote, advocate, and support diversity and inclusion within the international hospitality industry."
Diversity in Food and Beverage offers a range of tools that aim to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable hospitality industry.
We provide scholarships, grants, and resources geared toward leadership and professional development for a diverse
workforce. We undertake expert consultations and develop comprehensive action plans to implement inclusion in the hospitality workplace. We create and facilitate Diversity Councils and optimize existing diversity and inclusion within hospitality companies.
We develop D&I case studies with the longterm goal of creating the first diversity index for the food and beverage community.
We facilitate D&I seminars at conferences in person and online for the international hospitality industry.
Diversity in Wine and Spirits is an inclusive community for those who advocate for equality and equity in the food and beverage