Help Promote Gender Balance in the Entertainment Industry! Grant Writer Needed (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Use your research and grant writing skills to help an organization fighting for gender balance in film!
Organization Name: Women in Media
Organization Website: https://www.womennmedia.com/
Mission: Women In Media promotes gender balance in the film and entertainment industries through networking, professional development, and advocacy for women, women-identifying, and gender-nonconforming filmmakers who work above and below the line and the people who love to collaborate with them.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We’re looking for a Grant Writer who can research and identify funding for Women in Media.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents.
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds.
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements.
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s).
- Can bring self-led initiative and operational rigor to the position.
- Demonstrate strong planning, communication, and organizational skills.
- Passion for community service!
- Prior experience researching and writing grants preferred.
Location: This is a virtual opportunity.
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week.
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.