Help Homeless Kittens! Social Media Manager Needed (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Do you love being on social media and sharing posts about Heaven on Earth’s cats and kittens?
Organization Name: Heaven on Earth Society for Animals
Organization Website: https://heavenlypets.org/
Organization Mission: To transform the lives of homeless cats through rescue, sanctuary, and new beginnings.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:
We are seeking volunteers who have paid or volunteer experience using and managing social media, candidates currently pursuing education and/or working in social media preferred.
● monitoring social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok (experience in TikTok required)
● coordinating traffic, posting content, and engaging with followers
● brainstorming campaign ideas
● reviewing analytics to gauge the success of campaigns
● providing suggestions for improving user experience on social platforms and internal processes
● assisting in the creation of performance reports
● may also need to take photos and video footage of cats, volunteers, and staff on-site Ideal skills include; social media marketing; online engagement; verbal communication; organization; professionalism; customer focus; basic video editing skills preferred but not required.
The position will be mainly remote and requires the use of a personal laptop computer, mobile device, and internet connection; requires the ability to be onsite to shoot live posts; photograph cats and kittens when they first arrive possibly with short notice; position works directly with the social media intern and finance & development coordinator.
Requirements: Each position requires an understanding of the work of Heaven on Earth, including our programs, mission, and history. While each opportunity requires unique skills or experience, all roles necessitate a consistent time commitment and an openness to receive feedback. Please note that as the needs of the organization grow, the positions may also evolve.
Time Commitment: All positions are based at Perry’s Place, will be approximately 8-10 hours per week, and report to the lifesaving programs manager.
Duties can be performed remotely as noted. All current and future COVID-19 protocols will be observed including requiring face coverings, social distancing, hand washing onsite, and abiding by stay at home orders if/when required.
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.