Internal Communications Specialist
Reporting to the PR and Communications Team Lead, you will develop and manage a forward-looking internal communications strategy, redefining the way we approach cross-departmental communications and engagement, while shaping our organizational culture. Bringing expertise and passion for employees as your customer (in our case remote volunteers), you will act as a guide to create a better virtual workplace with finance, human resources, information technology and other departments as functional partners.
- Developing systems and processes for coordination of internal communications and executing overall strategy based on best practices.
- Building close relationships with departmental stakeholders (Finance, HR, IT, etc.).
- Serving as an ambassador for the marketing team, demonstrating the value of strategic communications and planning across the organization.
- Continually partnering with multiple stakeholders on the measurement and refinement of internal communication plans.
- Infusing organization values, behaviors and strategic imperatives into internal communications, whenever possible.
- Supporting internal employee engagement events, including virtual member town hall meetings, as necessary
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 2+ years of internal communications experience in a nonprofit or corporate setting.
- Experience developing and managing internal communications plans.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills.
- Solid writing skills.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 18, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Background Check
- 10 hours/week