We are a growing nonprofit organization looking for an accountant with strong analytical and communication skills who can support GROW in tracking our funding and cash flow. The individual must understand and accurately implement accounting procedures to safeguard the organization’s funds, and promote an environment of compliance with government and grantor regulations.
- Document financial transactions and oversee the categorization of spending and tracking the organization’s funding.
- Summarize annual financial status by accurately collecting information; preparing balance sheets, producing funding and expense reports, federal and state paperwork, and other reports as needed.
- Provide the treasurer and executive director with accurate quantitative information on the financial position and cash flows of the organization
- Handle sensitive information and reinforce financial data confidentiality
- Timely communicate and collaborate with the Executive Director and other appropriate team members.
Location: Fully Remote
Hours: 1-3 hours per month, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, Google Drive, Quickbooks, and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Self-starter and strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Highly detail-oriented
About the Organization:
GROW empowers youth to design their futures through self-discovery and career awareness. GROW’s introspective and interactive curriculum guides youth on a path to match their intrinsic interests with a meaningful career. By partnering with schools and educational organizations, GROW trains and certifies educators to deliver GROW’s curriculum, making it possible for every educator to empower students with career readiness in their own classrooms. To learn more, visit growmyfuture.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
6400 Christie Ave, #5321, Emeryville, CA 94608, US
Empowering youth to design their futures through self-discovery and career awareness.
Growing Real Opportunities in the Workforce (G.R.O.W.) trains educators to empower their students to align who they are with what they want to do. GROW's curriculum does this by taking students through a fluid process of self-awareness, exploration of careers and the tools for students to be able to achieve their goals. Research has shown that programs that focus on career education and strengths-based self-assessment can help prevent dropouts and increase students’ academic performance. We reach youth at a critical time in their development, embed confidence in their ability to contribute to society, and introduce careers in emerging sectors that most youth are unaware of.
G.R.O.W.’s programs were developed to empower underserved and at-risk youth to take ownership of their education, careers, and futures. We help student identify their internal compass before starting the career preparation process. By doing so students have a clear understanding of WHERE they are headed and WHY.
Caseworkers have told us that our class has transformed students in all aspects of their lives and has deeply impacted their social-emotional development. One student commented that the class "saved her life." Another student said after taking our class he understood for the first time the importance of school and is now engaged in the classroom.
Get involved and help us touch more lives!